Last updated: 15/09/2022
Thank you for visiting our website. The protection and confidentiality of your personal data is of particular importance for us.
With this policy, we aim to inform you about the processing of personal data that we collect from users and customers of our website (www.byfar.com), hereinafter referred to as “BY FAR” or “the website”.
Personal data covers all information related to an identified or identifiable individual. This includes information such as name, address, email, billing address or telephone number. Information that is not directly related to your identity, for example, the number of users on the website does not fall within this category.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
The data controller (hereinafter referred to as “Solmate”, “The Company” or “We”) for the purposes of the GDPR and other applicable national data protection laws is:
Solmate Ltd., UIC 204349802, a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Republic of Bulgaria.
Address: Sofia 1504, “Oborishte” district, 7 Sheinovo Str., fl. 6
How to contact us?
If you have any questions and/or requests related to your personal data that the Company processes, you can contact us at: Sofia 1504, “Oborishte” district, 7 Sheinovo Str., fl. 6
For CCPA inquiries you may also contact us at: 7257 Beverly blvd., suite, Los Angeles, CA 90036
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solmate respects the privacy of your personal information. The protection of your personal information throughout the entire process of processing personal data, as well as the security of all data processed by the company, is an important issue for us. We process personally identifiable information collected during your visit to our website in accordance with the national and European data protection law, as well as the application United States privacy laws.
Special Notice - if you are under 14 years old
Our products are not aimed at children under 14 years old and we will not deliberately collect, use, provide or process in any other form any personal information of children under the age of 14. We therefore also ask you, if you are under 14 years old, please do not send us your personal information (for example, your name, address and email address).
If you are under 14 years old, and you nevertheless wish to ask a question or buy our products in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf. If we discover the information of anyone under the age of 14 years old, we will promptly delete it in compliance with the applicable laws.
- What personal data do we process?
- For what purposes do we process your personal data?
- For how long do we keep the personal data you provide?
- Whom we share your personal information with?
- What are your rights regarding your personal data and how you can exercise them?
Solmate has implemented technical and organizational measures to protect the personal data of individuals prescribed by law or regulation at national and european level.
What is “personal data”?
Any information and data by which an individual can be identified falls directly or indirectly under the definition of “personal data”.
For example, indirect identification is your mobile number. Direct identification is achieved when you provide a unique identifier such as Personal Identification Number (PIN), passport number, etc.
"Special categories of personal data" means data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political views, religious or philosophical beliefs or membership of trade unions, as well as the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the sole purpose of identifying an individual, health data or data about the sexual life or sexual orientation of the individual.
What personal data about you do We process?
Categories of personal data
Types of personal data
Information about you
First name, last name
Email, mobile number
Personal Identification Number (PIN) or other type of unique identification, required only for invoicing upon request of the customer
Billing address, country, city, ZIP and/or postcode
Partial data about your bank account
Data about orders you have made on the BY FAR website
Data collected by Cookies to identify your browser or device
Other types of personal information, which you may provide by contacting us and/or making a request / inquiry
Inferences or profile data
Inferences drawn from any personal data collected about you and used to create a profile reflecting your preferences
Solmate does not collect any special categories of personal data as such are not required for the use of our website and / or for the purchase of products using ByFar. If sensitive categories of personal data are provided by you in the course of your communication with the Company or use of our web site, it will be deleted as soon as possible after the processing of such data is established.
What are our legal grounds for processing of personal data?
The processing of personal data includes the collection, storage, destruction, transfer, correction, updating, deletion and all other activities carried out with your personal data.
Solmate processes personal data on the grounds of the performance of a contract with the customer (article 6, paragraph 1, item "b" of the GDPR) or where necessary for our legitimate interests (article 6, paragraph 1, item “f” of the GDPR), such as to help administer and improve our website and our products, for customer support and correspondence purposes, to show our customers adverts on social media platforms (subject to their settings and preferences on those platforms), to facilitate keeping our website safe and secure and for fraud prevention purposes.
We may also process personal data after obtaining clear, free and unambiguous consent from you for the purposes of processing expressed through your voluntary registration or provision of data on the website (article 6, paragraph 1, item “a” of the GDPR), for example when you subscribe to receive news about BY FAR collections, events and sales.
The consent you provide can always be withdrawn by contacting us or using the contact form available on our website.
if you do not provide personal data, or withdraw any consent for the processing of your personal data, where this information is necessary for us to provide products or services to you, we will not be able to provide such products or services to you.
For what purposes are we going to use your personal data?
The personal data provided by you shall be used for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- Provide an opportunity to use all the functionalities of the website and place orders online;
- Execution and administration of orders for purchase of products placed on the website;
- Managing your contractual relations with us and the delivery of purchase products;
- Provide customer support services such as correspondence via email or though forms on the website;
Marketing activities, if the legal requirements for digital marketing are met;
Your personal data is not subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR.
How do we process your personal data?
When you visit the Website, Solmate processes (collects) your personal information in the following ways:
- by completing your account registration form on our website
- by filling your required billing details without setting up an accont first;
- by subscribing to receive news about BY FAR collections, events and sales;
- by processing information about IP addresses, cookies, operating system and browser type.
Sources of your personal data?
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- directly from you: such as when you create an online account with us, make a purchase, participate in contests and promotions we may offer, or register to receive marketing and other communications from us, or contact us for customer support purposes;
- From third parties and to the extent provided under applicable law: such as affiliate and other third party retailers that sell our products, public records, third party providers of services to us (e.g., fraud detection, identity verification and security), consumer data resellers, social networks, joint marketing partners and affiliate companies;
- Related to your use of our website: such as information we collect automatically through cookies and other information related to your usage of and interactions on the website.
How long do we store your personal data?
Depending on the legal ground on which we process your personal data, the storage period of personal data may be different.
We only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for us to use your information as described above or to comply with our legal obligations. However, please be advised that we may retain some of your information after you cease to use our services, for instance if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes, or if we need to retain records of transactions, correspondence or complaints.
When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved, legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time and guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities. Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
Do we share your personal data with third parties?
Solmate respects your privacy and keeps your data secured. Subject to statutory requirements or business needs, Solmate may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recepients:
- Service providers: When we use service providers related to client management systems, technical maintenance and provision of internal IT systems and operational support to our activities, Solmate may disclose personal data to those service providers. Please be informed that such disclosure shall commence only in case there are legitimate grounds for doing so and only based on a written agreement ensuring that the receiver provides adequate levels of protection for the personal data;
- External companies providing services related to card payments: Solmate uses external companies administering card payments when purchasing products and services provided by us. Your bank details may be shared with this external providers only in case there are legitimate grounds for doing so and only based on a written agreement ensuring that the receiver provides adequate levels of protection for the personal data;
- State and municipal authorities: In the course of compliance with its legal obligations Solmate may be obliged to disclose personal data of its customers to state or municipal authorities;
- social media platforms: so that we can advertise on those platforms and operate any fan pages. any targeted advertising is always subject to your privacy settings on that platform.
With the exception of data collected in the United States, Solmate does not transfer your personal data outside the United Kingdom (“UK”), European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Only in case one of our service providers uses servers located outside of the UK, EU or the EEA we may transfer your personal data outside of the said boundaries. However, in such cases Solmate shall ensure that adequate measures for protection of your personal data are in place and that the requirements of the GDPR are met, such as approved standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like further information on the countries to which personal data may be transferred and the specific mechanisms used by us when transferring your personal data outside of the UK, EU or the EEA.
European residents: what are your rights with respect to your personal data?
Subject to European law (GDPR), you have the following rights to your personal data processed by Solmate:
- Access your personal data that Solmate processes and get a copy thereof;
- In case of incompleteness or inaccuracy in the data that Solmate processes, your personal data will be corrected (right to rectification);
- Request the erasure of your personal data when the conditions are met. Such cases are if the purpose for which the data is collected is achieved, you have withdrawn your consent when the processing is based on consent and there is no other legal basis for processing, your data is being processed unlawfully processed, and others;
- In the cases specified by the law, you may require that the processing of your personal data is restricted;
- In the cases specified by the law, you may object to the processing of your personal data;
- Exercise your data portability rights and request that your data be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- Withdraw your consent when processing your personal data is based on consent.
You can exercise any of the above rights by submitting a formal request to the following address: Sofia 1504, “Oborishte” district, 7 Sheinovo Str., fl. 6, or email: email@example.com. In order to exercise your rights, it is mandatory to establish the identity of the claimant when submitting a request for exercising your rights.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Personal Data when the relevant prerequisites are in place.
California residents: what are your rights with respect to your personal data?
Subject to California law (CCPA), you have the following rights to your personal data processed by Solmate::
- Right to know: you have a right to know the categories and purpose of personal data processed, and you may also request specific personal data that Solmate has collected from or about you.;
- Right to delete: you have the right to request the deletion of your personal data. However, we may refuse to delete certain data if it falls under the exceptions specified in the CCPA.;
- Right to opt out of sale or sharing: you have the right to request that Solmate stop any sharing or selling of your personal data with third parties.;
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request access to or transfer of your personal data. ;
- Right to non-discrimination: you will not be discriminated against based on your desire to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
You can exercise any of the above rights by submitting a formal request to the following address: Sofia 1504, “Oborishte” district, 7 Sheinovo Str., fl. 6, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to exercise your rights, we might require additional information to verify your identity.
Your rights under California’s shine-the-light law
Under California’s "Shine the light" law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), California residents who provide us certain personal information are entitled to request and obtain from us, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for their own direct marketing use. Such requests may be made once per calendar year for information about any relevant third party sharing in the prior calendar year. California residents who would like to make such a request may submit a request by email@example.com. The request should attest to the fact that the requester is a California resident and provide a current California address. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information sharing that is covered will be included in our response.: